Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This morning my dad started having heart palpitations and went to the ER. Luckily everything checked out o.k. I think my mom aged ten years last night. I'm starting to realize my dad's slowing down, which doesn't seem possible. He's always been this strong, larger than life presence, and I can't imagine anything different.

Good day today at work. We reorganized marketing teams. I ended up with some stellar guys. I think we have a shot at meeting the annual goal set by HQ. Considering the economy, that's huge.

I was impressed by both McCain and Obama last night. McCain's concession speech was impressive. I've been on the fence during the entire election, but I think the country will be in good hands. I'm kind of sad it's over - now I can't tease Cordy by pretending I'm writing in Sponge Bob. (That kind of political apathy drives her up a wall.)

Speaking of... things are good. I think we finally understand each other.

We never talked about anything happened - partly because she's been busy or sick every night, partly because I was out of town. She brought it up last week, but there was never a good time to talk. Melissa called me out of the blue on Sunday - said things with Cordy and Chris weren't serious but they would be soon if I didn't do something about it. That freaked me out a little so I went over there last night.

She was prickly, but warmed up pretty fast. She gets shy whenever I do anything that's not strictly in the friends zone. She's hard to resist when she's vulnerable like that. It's a side of her I almost never get to see. I wish I could. I think I could've taken things further than I did, but I didn't want her roommates to walk in. I could just see it - first kiss in two years and Chris's sister walks in. No thanks.

I have to figure out what my next move is. If she was some random girl I'd just ask her out. But she's not. I can't ask her to get involved with me unless I'm completely, one hundred percent sure it'll work. There's all this history, and once we start something, that's pretty much it: End game.